Today I am celebrating my husband's birthday. Did you ever create "a list" of the characteristics your husband would have? Well, I did, and David has every. single. one. of. them.
In celebrating his birthday I want to write 26 reasons why I am so in love with him (although there are many, MANY more!):
1. He is honest with me. He has never done anything to be the least bit dishonest or deceiving with me. I cherish that.
2. He values his family.
3. He makes me laugh. daily.
4. He loves to hang out with just me--something I was not used to in past relationships but always desired.
5. He prays with me.
6. He has the best work ethic and is a great provider.
7. He supports me. I couldn't have started a photography business without his support. He is an amazing backbone of this business I am trying to build. He sits down and looks at the pictures I take with me and that is so special to me.
8. He is a gift from God. Our meeting, our relationship, our marriage..all brought together by God.
9. He constantly tells me he loves me.
10. He is SUCH a man of integrity.
11. He goes out of his way to help people. One time we saw a car broken down in the middle of the road with someone inside and no one was helping the car. David pulled over and pushed the car out of the way. It was an older lady who had no way of getting the car moved out of the way.
12. He's strong. Ohhh his muscles ;) He takes such good care of his body.
13. For the Father he will be. I cannot wait to make babies with this man because I know he's going to be the best Daddy!
14. He's respectful. Not just to me and his family, but everyone he meets.
15. His hugs are the. best. ever. And he never lets go until I'm ready.
16. He protects me.
17. He is so intelligent! Graduated college with a degree in biology and is in the top 15% of his class with his Master's!
18. He kisses me goodbye with an "I love you" every morning before he goes to work.
19. He surprises me with little gifts. He is so thoughtful.
20. He helps with the housework without me asking.
21. He is a good steward of money.
22. His 'down time' includes playing football on his PS3 and not getting drunk with his friends.
23. He is a good listener..and the best secret-keeper ever.
24. He values my input.
25. He is the most unselfish, caring man I know.
26. He is my best friend, my lover, my husband, my everything.
Happy 26th Birthday, David! I love you more than I could ever express through words or silly lists. Today, I am thanking God for you and praying for many more years to be your wife and celebrate who you are.