- Fixing their plate for dinner. I do this every night..one night I was so hungry that I just sat down and started eating, and David thought something was wrong. It isn't "woman in kitchen-cook meal" type of thing.. I fix his plate because he appreciates it every time I do it..and that makes me smile.
- Clip his toenails. (After he showers of course!) This one may seem gross to some, but I don't think there is a greater joy than a man laying on the couch getting his toes "did". After I clip them, I rub some of my lotion on them and give him a quick foot massage--which he loves. He would NEVER go to a spa like I would, so this is his own little spa. Put the yummy smelling lotion on them..he wont notice and you'll smile knowing he smells a little fruity :)
- Back massages. Lotion or massage oil works great. If you don't have time for that, or just don't want to use either-just rub your fingers over his back-it'll make him go to sleep like a baby.
- Cheer him on. I'm sure he's got a PS2, PS3, Wii, xbox..something! He probably spends a decent amount of time in front of it. David plays a football game on the PS3 usually every night (which is the reason I am glad we have 2 TVs) but sometimes I'll sit on the couch and watch him play acting like his own personal cheerleader..Even though I think the game is dumb, I am taking interest in something he likes.
- Pray for him. This is perhaps the most important. I prayed for him before I ever met him, and I still pray for him, our marriage, our future.
- Don't criticize or contradict him around others. People don't want to see you two bickering. Save it for behind closed doors. It could blow up a lot bigger than it should if you make him embarrassed around people, just bite your tongue and save it for later.
- Take care of yourself. Put some makeup on, get your hair done (if you can't afford the salon, fix it nice yourself!), exercise a couple of times a week...those things probably don't matter to your husband because he'll love you no matter what but he will notice the extra pep in your step.
- Help him shave. For Dave, hair is gross. (Which is FINE by me!! I am not a fan of chest hair) So occasionally he'll ask me to touch up his back. Which makes his muscles look bigger :0)
- Tell him you love him. Every.Single.Day.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Monday, December 29, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Lately, I have been talking about photography. How do I know this? Well, David will tell me in the morning what I talked about the night before and BAM! I remember exactly what my dream was and go on to explain it.
Yesterday morning David said, "You kept screaming, 'I need my telephoto lens Quick, I need it, Carrie Underwood is coming!' " I am not sure how Carrie Underwood popped in my dream, but oh yes, she was there. I knew how much David loved her and I was trying to get a good shot of her for him, and I needed my telephoto lens for that.
Here are a couple conclusions:
I am thinking A LOT (maybe too much) about photography these days. But that's okay :)
Shouldn't David be the one to dream about Carrie Underwood? Not me?
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
My parents aren't poor, (just for informational purposes here) they own a vineyard (but but didn't produce crop this year, resulting in money loss) plant tobacco, own apartments, 7 houses (some to rent out and some to fix and sell) and a few lots. Their bills are paid for, but as you can see from the list they rack up a lot of bills, so there isn't a lot of extra money right now.
Remember how us getting married was like a secret to everyone but my parents? (because we didn't want to just move in together and my parents would have died if we did) I guess now we will just tell people we're going to the courthouse.
I am trying not to be upset about it. We could pay for a wedding, but since 6 months have gone by since I was supposed to have the money back that I gave Dad, I will have a little bit of college loans coming up to be paid, and we're saving for a house..my dream wedding isn't in the picture.
I do have my wedding dress. My beautiful wedding dress. I am thinking I may go ahead and have it altered and have David rent a tux and us have someone take photos..so we can have pictures.
Anyways, I just needed to get all of that off my chest.. I know this isn't a happy post, but I am happy that I have the love of my life by my side forever..ceremony or not, what we have is real.
Monday, December 15, 2008
we did a Chinese gift exchange
I opened a GIANT universal remote & there was another present attached
a candy bra.
I could have DIED. Everyone laughed and my face got so red.
It probably would have been a lot more embarrassing if I had not had a couple glasses of wine in my belly, and everyone would have been slightly more embarrassed hoot and holler at Dave about that gift if they had not too had a few drinks.
So I did what anyone would do..
I traded that for the Crown Royal gift set (mmmm!)
The best part is that I was one of the last ones to pick a gift..so no one made me switch with them!
Friday, December 12, 2008
2. Good health; it's what will help keep you in the nursing home.
3. I'm ready for Christmas, Snow, and Sleep.
4. Ralph Lauren Polo Sport is one of my favorite perfumes or aftershaves or smells. (No really, it makes me weak in the knees)
5. The oldest ornament I have is a couple weeks old.
6. Take some frozen strawberries, vanilla yogurt, a banana, a splash of OJ, mix it all together and you have a yummy & healthy strawberry smoothie.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to being done with an exam & baking brownies, tomorrow my plans include photo shoots & David's work Christmas party and Sunday, I want to take another exam, more photo shoots, and cuddling with David!
Want to join in on the fun?
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Of course I love God, David, My family, Friends, and all of you wonderful bloggers! But the next 5 things have really touched a special place in my heart recently: (and because everyone would mention the same five things I did..except for David..I should be the only one who loves him enough to let him enter my top 5 list)
1. My new camera & alllll of its wonderful accessories:
and before I crash again on my bed..let me ask you this..why is it so hard for my furbaby to behave while I am sick..dogs sense things..she probably knows how bad I feel. This is how it went down today:
within one second it's in her mouth
she wouldn't "drop it"
so I had to get it
I had to touch a dead mouse.
Monday, December 8, 2008
I didn't get up until 11.
(I'm so good in bed, I could sleep for days!)
Ate some pizza leftover from the night before
Back to bed for another two hours.
(It was wonderful)
Got up more groggy than before
showered & made myself presentable
went to David's Brother & SIL's for a cookout
followed by all of us going to
remember what this season is REALLY about
and "walked-through" Bethlehem
at a local church.
That was a lot of fun, and reminded me of why I love Christmas so much.
Stopped by Walmart to pick up the essentials for making:
a Gingerbread House!
David & I each picked our own sides to decorate
since we couldn't agree how to do it
Here is the finished product:
I had my first official photo shoot
since declaring I was
"Megan Garrison Photography"
Here are two of my favorites:
here's my link..become a follower)
What did YOU do this weekend?
Friday, December 5, 2008
"..most of us are much more severe in our judgment of others than we are in judging ourselves. We make excuses for things in ourselves, while we condemn things in the lives of others.."
I read that today and it really hit home with me..so I thought I would share. :0)
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Real tree or Artif
When do you put up the tree?
When do you take the tree down?
Do you like Egg Nog? No. Gross.
Do you have a nativ
Mail or email
When do you start
Have you ever recyc
Can you name all of Santa
Open the prese
Handmade ornaments or store bought? When we have kids, it will be handmade..for now, it's store bought.
What do you want for Chris
Now it's YOUR turn to answer these questions..especially if you couldn't think of a post for today!
Firstly, you have the second cutest dog in the world..behind my Sadie of course. I noticed that when you take your dog out you don't carry bags. I can't think of anything more gross than stepping in a pile of your dogs steaming poo. In fact, I am sure that I have. Twice. Now, I know there are other people here and a lot of them do not carry bags either..but I don't know where they live. Please forgive me in advance if one day you open your door and step in a big pile of poo. Gross, isn't it? I would have done it by now if I could stay up after most people go to sleep. You're lucky. And Gross.
Monday, December 1, 2008
If I don't get a chance to comment to all of you, I'm sorry!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
As a continuation of my Thanksgiving week post.. This Thanksgiving I am beyond thankful for David. I knew what I was looking for in a relationship, basically everything my previous one wasn't. I wont even get into how bad the previous relationship was because this post isn't about him, it's about David. Anyways, when David and I met we had an instant connection. It would be safe to say that I "liked" him the night we met.
My last first kiss..
I would have kissed him that first night we met, but he was a perfect gentlemen and so that didn't happen. I believe we saw each other the next day or the day after, but we didn't kiss that night either. The next time we went out (which just happened to be the next day--I told you there was a connection!) we had walked back to the outside of my building, and I know the evening was going to end without a kiss (again!!) so as he was babbling away I leaned in and planted one on him. Then of course I was embarrassed because I totally was not lady-like, and so I began to talk like nothing had happened and he interrupted my talk with another kiss.
And they lived happily ever after..
After that night we had our first kiss we saw each other every day and were constantly sending texts throughout the day. Our relationship grew deeper everyday. He made me laugh harder and smile more often than I have in my entire life. I knew within a few short weeks of our first kiss that I never wanted to have another first kiss. You're probably thinking, "this is infatuation, it wont last!" Well friends, here we are having been married for almost four months and loving every second of it. It certainly was not love at first sight, but we both fell in love shortly after. He truly is everything that I have ever looked for in a man, and a husband. He loves me, and he reminds me of it every day. I cannot wait for us to have children because I know he is going to be just as amazing as a father as he is as a husband.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Found this while browsing the internet, thought it would fit nicely into my week of Thanksgiving posts..
I AM THANKFUL...
- For the taxes I pay, because it means that I am employed.
- For the mess to clean after a party, because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.
- For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.
- For my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.
- For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.
- For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means that we have freedom of speech.
- For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking, and that I have been blessed with transportation.
- For my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.
- For the lady behind me in my place of worship when she sings off key, because it means that I can hear.
- For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear.
- For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard.
- For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means that I am alive.
After reading this list..I realize I have complained about ALL of these things..and instead of complaining I should have done what the end of each point did.. found a blessing in it all. Today, I am so very thankful to have a roof over my head, a job to pay the bills, and clothes on my back!
As a side note, Happy Birthday to my best friend, my Mother! (isn't that cute how my Fathers birthday is one day before my Moms..even though he's a bit older!) I wont tell you how old she is..because a lady never shares such a thing..but I will say that she looks DARN good for being her age!!
Monday, November 24, 2008
I am thankful for my family.
David says he loves my parents because "they look out for our marriage" I am thankful for their continuing support in my choices, their guidance, and their love.
My oldest sister, Kirsten (my Fathers daughter--biological father). She is definitely one of a kind. So funny that one is. She is easy to talk to and although we don't see each other as often as we like, I am so thankful to have her as an older sister.
Even though I already mentioned my parents, I have to mention my Mom again. She is my best friend. I couldn't imagine a day without her. We talk on the phone at least once a day. A couple weeks ago I posted how I was going to stuff her when she passed..She laughs when I tell her that, but wait and see.
My second oldest sister, my "dads" daughter. (By dad I mean stepdad) We have had some ups and downs, but have been there for each other when it counts.
My youngest sister. She's my babydoll. (And too freaking cute!) She has a great head on her shoulders and I believe she has learned from all of my mistakes..which is good-I would hate for her to have to go through some of the things I did. She is a funny girl, and has a love of photography just like myself and my oldest sister.
My only brother. (Man, this picture is so old..I couldn't find a more recent one!) He is married to a wonderful girl and even though his wife & him are trying to have a baby and he wants to steal the name I picked out for my first boy (In honor of our father) I still love him. And i'm praying that they have a girl. Twin girls in fact, so they wont have more for a while.
The newest addition to our family, David. I am so so so thankful for him. I am going to do a whole post on him so I wont ruin it here.Today is my Fathers birthday. I have spent many years looking up at the nights sky picking out a star for him. He would have been 61 years old today..that's crazy. He has been gone too long. I am so thankful to know that he loved me. I am thankful that after he passed my mother was able to remarry and not have to raise three young kids on her own.
Happy Birthday Daddy.
I miss & love you.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Pajama Program serves children who have been abused or neglected, and many of them have spent YEARS in foster care. They provide them with a pair of pajamas to call their own so that they do not have to wear either the same clothes they wore that day or no clothes at all. I am not going to make my words sound cute and tug at your heart strings, but I would LOVEEE to get a big box of PJ's together to send off to them so that I (and I hope 'WE') can help a child in need.
The only real "rule" of this is to buy brand new clothes, not used. I know Christmas is coming up and money is probably tight, but I think we can all shell out a little money to buy help those less fortunate than us.
If you would like to join me in making a child's day (and night!) e-mail me at megchidATgmailDOTcom or leave your e-mail address and I will contact you. I would like for the PJ's from any of you to be postmarked by the 10th of December so that I can receive them and get them where they need to go before Christmas. (That's almost 3 weeks! Should be enough time to scrape together a couple dollars to buy PJs!)
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Liz blogged about it, but you probably wouldn't know that because it's TOO hard to get to her blog (she's the one who had the cool giveaway about decorating tips recently..go harass her and tell her to come to blogspot.)
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Just kidding girls (and maybe the occasional guy)..
but really, here are some photos of me I came across recently
This last one is one of my favorites of all time. Minus my mothers hair..that's absolutely god awful. That's okay, I still love her.
Monday, November 17, 2008
and fell in LOVE with this sweet baby!
- She is mainly white, with the cutest chocolate markings (even though the picture makes her look like she has black markings)
- She is 2 years old
- 15lbs, which is as big as she will get.
- She has been very good in the house and using the bathroom outside.
Friday, November 14, 2008
2. When Dave leaves for the day, I switch our pillows so I can still have him with me, and I can't help sniffing it occasionally.
3. My favorite thing to cook is perogies! (mmmm).
4. Reading is something I can't get enough of.
5. That's the thing I love most about reading, it allows your mind to wander and be somewhere else for a little while.
6. Drivers always makes me think to myself, what the heck?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to knocking out some tests, tomorrow my plans include sleeping in and Sunday, I want to go to church!
Do you want to do it too?
Thanks Melissa for my award! :0)
Thursday, November 13, 2008
So..My wonderful hopes of having a great girls night was slammed to a quick hault after lunch yesterday when I all of a sudden got really hot, a big lump in my throat, and spent the next hour either hugging the toilet or laying on our bathroom floor. Yes, at work. To make a LONG story short I didn't want to stay up there, when I am sick I want to be in my bed. So I changed my train ticket from today to yesterday and passed out on the train ride from DC back to Richmond. Home. At last. Today, I feel very drained, and hurt all over, but I can't sleep anymore and dont want to just lay in bed...so I brought my laptop over to keep me company. I couldn't miss the opportunity to tell you about the amazing giveaway though..
My bessssst friend Liz is having an amazing giveaway. You all are so creative, and she needs you to get your creative juices flowing! One person will be randomly selected for a $20GC to starbucks JUST for entering, the other will receive a $30GC to Target for the best advice. What are you waiting for??? GO OVER THERE! (Mention you're there from MY blog..I am just curious how many of you are going from me--that isn't required though, i'm just being nosey)
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Don't let the size of the box full you..
is it PACKED full with amazing things.
There are things in there that David said, "Can't we just keep that for ourselves??"
No, Silly Boy, We Can't.
Don't you wish you were my swap partner??
It makes me happy to go in there.
More pictures will be posted of my decorations later.
I have only decorated the bathroom..
I am trying to wait a few more weeks to decorate everything else.
Who went coupon crazy at CVS today??
This totally MADE my day.
Here is the run down:
I spent $30.55
I saved $36.54
Sounds like a GREAT deal to me!!
After I took this picture, I realized a few of the items I bought were missing..but I was too lazy to grab them and take another picture, so to not make them feel left out, that total also included tampons, another glass glade air freshner (can you spot the glass air freshner?? where is it??), and soap. I think I did PRETTY darn good shopping. It's always good to save more than you spend.
Monday, November 10, 2008
I never really thought twice about grabbing something from McDonald's, or plopping down in front of the TV instead of exercising. I am making the change. (ok, it isn't like I would eat McDonald's all the time either..but probably more than I should!! It's SOO good though!!)
Tips for Adding Fiber in your Diet:
Scan for Bran
Look for “bran,” “whole grain” and “whole wheat” on product packages and ingredient labels. These ingredients can help boost fiber intake.
Grab the Whole Food
Munch on a whole piece of fruit, in place of drinking a glass of juice. You’ll get the nutrients and the fiber too.
Savor the Skins
Eat fruit and vegetables with the skin on. Eating the skin helps to bump up the fiber, plus it provides texture and a bonus of other nutrients.
Screen for Beans
Replace your typical side dishes with high-fiber dried peas and beans, such as kidney, pinto, lentils or black-eyed peas. These fiber-packed legumes make it easier to meet daily fiber goals. Go Nuts
Jazz up salads, vegetables, snacks and desserts with almonds, sunflower seeds or soy nuts. Nuts and seeds add fiber and fun-to-chew crunch to foods.
Be Berry Wild
Choose raspberries, blackberries and boysenberries to add variety to your cereals. These berries have twice the fiber of many other fruit selections.
Bring on the Brown
Use brown rice instead of white. Switch to whole-wheat pasta, whole-wheat flour whole-wheat breads and whole-grain crackers instead of regular white versions.
Skip the Chips
Select snacks that are a good source of fiber. Instead of potato chips, go for low-fat popcorn, whole-grain pretzels or oven-crisped whole-wheat pita triangles.
Water is a healthy beverage choice—especially as you up the fiber. Your body needs more water to help process the added fiber you eat.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
How I saved a life. I was a lifeguard when I was younger at the county pool. I sat in a chair for 8 hours every day--It was only me and one other lifeguard so one week I would work four days and be off three, and would switch that out the following week. Nothing really ever happened at the pool, remember I am from a small town (no stop lights) Instead of going to the pool most people are tending to their farms so many days I was there alone. There were very few times when the pool was "full" and one of these "full" days a lady came with her three kids. Two older ones and one young one who couldn't walk very well. She sits down to hear all of the small town gossip while the older two went ahead and got in the pool. The youngest who I guess was supposed to just sit by the Mom decided after a little while to go in too. I was across the pool but saw her going towards the deep in which automatically made me nervous. Little kids and pools do not mesh well together. She fell in. I was watching her so I was in the pool the same time if not right before she was. I had gotten to her, and gotten her out before her mother even noticed she wasn't there. I wanted to scream at her mother. Had I been looking somewhere else (say the shallow in where most people are) it could have been a lot worse. Luckily she was okay, a little shooken up, but okay.
Now, on to my tattoos. I have three, but technically two.
I got my first tattoo when I had just turned 16. The lowest star. My mother did not know about it. (I was a badddd kid) It wasn't done very well (as you can see in the picture) but I still love it very much. I could only get one star at the time because if I had gotten more she would have seen it. Stars are extremely important to me. When my father died I knew Heaven was "up there" so I would pick a star out every night and imagine that one was my father. I would tell "him" about my day and just chat like he was right beside me. That is why I was so glad to get out of DC and to a smaller town where I could see the stars again, I missed them. When I turned 18 I wanted to finish the stars, so I added two more-- so that it a total of three stars: one for my brother, my little sister, and myself.
My second tattoo was to symbolize my independence. I have always always always loved the quote "Live, Laugh, Love" so when I moved to DC I wanted to get one to remember my experience up there. It is pretty small, so it is somewhat hard to see. It is also important because that tattoo is in my handwriting.
Do YOU have any Tattoos??
Also, ...wearing mascara is having a giveaway.
Please do NOT go here and enter to win FABULOUS makeup!!
I really want to win this one....
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
-Getting a call from the doctor about your blood work. The conversation went like this:
Hi, this is Megan & I am returning your call concerning my blood work.
"Hi Megan, looking at your bloodwork we have some bad news..you have diabetes."
I was like Oh mY GoDDdd.
"Hold on a second, I am looking at the wrong chart. You DO NOT have diabetes, but you do have high cholesterol."
How does one in their early twenties have high cholesterol? Yeah, I have no idea either. I don't eat that bad, and I exercise regularly. (Although now I am going to exercise every day) I was pretty bummed about that, in fact I even cried. A big part of it is hereditary, and it runs wild in my family. Looks like I better stock up on the Cheerios. So far they aren't putting me on medicine, but I do have to go back in three months.
-My Car. Today, when I was driving I went to come to a nice stop and the car made a really loud noise and stopped immediately. It did that twice, it was very weird.
Because this isn't a pity party..here are some good things:
1- It wasn't diabetes. I think that is way harder to control than high cholesterol.
2- At least I have a car. Even though I want a new one..it still gets me to the bank to cash my check.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Here’s the Deal. Bold the ones you’ve done. Simple right? From looking at my list it seems I still have quite a bit to do. Copy & Post this into your blog if you ever need a post or just want to do it!
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone (Does shower count?)
08. Said "I love you" and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby's diaper
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and didn't care who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign countr
y44. Watched whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Taken a midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Played touch football
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theatre
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo (three times!)
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on a television news program as an "expert"
83. Gotten flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark
88. Kissed on the first date
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Passed out cold
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone's heart
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a TV game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol (all of them)
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for 30 hours in a 48 hour period
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. States
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Touched a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad and The Odyssey
135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident
150. Saved someone's life (lifeguarding)
Sunday, November 2, 2008
I want to put snowmen in the bathroom and here are some things that you'll be seeing again when I actually decorate:
Since the bathroom is going to be snowmen, without a lot of color, I am going to do the living and dining room in color. (But NOT colored lights on the tree..I hate those)
When can you decorate for Christmas? It is okay to decorate before Thanksgiving? I just LOVE Christmas and can't wait to put up all of the cool stuff I got!