Found this while browsing the internet, thought it would fit nicely into my week of Thanksgiving posts..
I AM THANKFUL...
- For the taxes I pay, because it means that I am employed.
- For the mess to clean after a party, because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.
- For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.
- For my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.
- For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.
- For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means that we have freedom of speech.
- For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking, and that I have been blessed with transportation.
- For my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.
- For the lady behind me in my place of worship when she sings off key, because it means that I can hear.
- For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear.
- For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard.
- For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means that I am alive.
After reading this list..I realize I have complained about ALL of these things..and instead of complaining I should have done what the end of each point did.. found a blessing in it all. Today, I am so very thankful to have a roof over my head, a job to pay the bills, and clothes on my back!
As a side note, Happy Birthday to my best friend, my Mother! (isn't that cute how my Fathers birthday is one day before my Moms..even though he's a bit older!) I wont tell you how old she is..because a lady never shares such a thing..but I will say that she looks DARN good for being her age!!