Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wives Tale Test

Old Wives Tales- Are they correct?
Let's see if these old wives tales lead to me having a BOY! or a girl :)
1) Sleep Position

Pay attention to which way you lay down in bed tonight. If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you'll have a boy. Right side? You're pregnant with a girl.
I fall asleep on my left :) [Boy]

2) Upset Stomach
Little girls aren't always sweet. Extreme nausea means you are having a daughter.
At almost 27 weeks I STILL get MS every once in a while! I had constant MS until 20 weeks. [girl]

3)Soft or Dry Hands
If your hands are dry during pregnancy, you are having a boy; soft—expect a girl.
They haven't changed [girl]

4)Food Cravings
Your favorite pregnancy foods may tell you what sex the baby is. If you're craving citrus while pregnant, you're having a girl.
At the beginning of pregnancy I ate a lot of oranges-- [girl]

5) Adult Acne
If pregnancy hormones make your skin break out, expect a girl.
Hasn't been so bad-- [boy]

6) Graceful or Clumsy Pregnancy
If you feel as though you're gliding through they day, you'll have a girl. Stumbling? It's a boy.
Well I haven't fallen or tripped.. [girl]

7) Face Weight Gain
If your face gets fuller, it means you're having a girl.
I don't think my face has grown any.. [boy]

8) Sugar and Spice Food Cravings
Craving salt during pregnancy? Potato chips, pretzels, and popcorn means a boy is on the way. Need a little something sweet?
I've ALWAYS favored salty over sweet but now i've leaned more towards sweet options! [girl]

9) Mood Changes
If you're experiencing pregnant mood-swings, expect a baby girl to arrive soon.
My mood hasn't really changed- [boy]

10) High or Low Pregnant Belly
If you're carrying the baby low on your stomach, expect a boy. If it's high, you're having a girl.
I'm carrying lowwwww. [boy]

11) Baby Weight
If you're carrying baby in front, it's a boy. Is the baby weight spaced all around your middle?
Pretty much just at the belly-- [boy]

12) Pendulum Test
Dangle a chain with a charm over your palm. If it swings back and forth: boy. In a circle: girl.
I actually don't have a chain with a charm..it's still packed up somewhere! [neither]

13) Model Your Hands
"Show me your hands." If you would hold your hands palms up it's a girl. Down? You're having a boy.'
I would show them palms up. [girl]

14) Toddler Advice
Get baby advice from a nephew or friend's little boy. If a toddler boy shows interest in your belly, you'll have a girl. If he ignores you, it's a boy.
A friends little boy guessed I was having a girl.. [girl]

15) Eat Garlic
Guess the baby's sex by eating garlic. If the smell seeps out of your pores it's a boy. If there's no scent it's a little girl.
Skipping this one.. eek! [neither]

16) Key to Pregnancy
If you pick up a key by the round end, you're having a boy. If it's by the long end? A girl.
Round end--- [boy]

17)Even and Odd Numbers
If your age and year of conception are both even or odd, it's girl. One even, one odd means a boy.
One even, one odd- [boy]

18) Baby's Heartbeat
If the baby's heart beats more than 150 times per minute, you're pregnant with a girl. Less than 150, it's a boy.
It's consistently been above 150. [girl]

19) Stress Test
A child tends to be of the same sex as the parent who is less stressed at the time of conception.
Hmm.. that's a tough one! I would say that David is typically less stressed than I am.. [boy]

20) Dream Meanings
If you dream about having a girl while pregnant, you will wind up having a boy and vice versa.
I have had dreams of pink....[boy]

21) Breast Size
If your right breast is larger than the left while pregnant, you are having a girl. If the left is larger, it's a baby boy.
They look the same to me :) [neither]

Total: Boy-10 Girl-8 Neither-3

Looks like a majority of the old wives tales are CORRECT!

No comments: