- Fixing their plate for dinner. I do this every night..one night I was so hungry that I just sat down and started eating, and David thought something was wrong. It isn't "woman in kitchen-cook meal" type of thing.. I fix his plate because he appreciates it every time I do it..and that makes me smile.
- Clip his toenails. (After he showers of course!) This one may seem gross to some, but I don't think there is a greater joy than a man laying on the couch getting his toes "did". After I clip them, I rub some of my lotion on them and give him a quick foot massage--which he loves. He would NEVER go to a spa like I would, so this is his own little spa. Put the yummy smelling lotion on them..he wont notice and you'll smile knowing he smells a little fruity :)
- Back massages. Lotion or massage oil works great. If you don't have time for that, or just don't want to use either-just rub your fingers over his back-it'll make him go to sleep like a baby.
- Cheer him on. I'm sure he's got a PS2, PS3, Wii, xbox..something! He probably spends a decent amount of time in front of it. David plays a football game on the PS3 usually every night (which is the reason I am glad we have 2 TVs) but sometimes I'll sit on the couch and watch him play acting like his own personal cheerleader..Even though I think the game is dumb, I am taking interest in something he likes.
- Pray for him. This is perhaps the most important. I prayed for him before I ever met him, and I still pray for him, our marriage, our future.
- Don't criticize or contradict him around others. People don't want to see you two bickering. Save it for behind closed doors. It could blow up a lot bigger than it should if you make him embarrassed around people, just bite your tongue and save it for later.
- Take care of yourself. Put some makeup on, get your hair done (if you can't afford the salon, fix it nice yourself!), exercise a couple of times a week...those things probably don't matter to your husband because he'll love you no matter what but he will notice the extra pep in your step.
- Help him shave. For Dave, hair is gross. (Which is FINE by me!! I am not a fan of chest hair) So occasionally he'll ask me to touch up his back. Which makes his muscles look bigger :0)
- Tell him you love him. Every.Single.Day.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Pampering your man
Do you know that guys like to be pampered just as much as girls do? (If not MORE!) I really do think that by showing some extra love to your man, it lets them know how much you adore and appreciate them. Here's a short NONSEXUAL list (because everyone knows how to please their man behind closed doors. However, if this list leads to amazing s - e - x then you are welcome!) ((I spaced out the s - e - x because I don't want people typing that in google and coming upon my blog!)):