Monday, December 29, 2008

So Many Things.

As I settle into the next three days of work..I look back at our First Christmas as our own family with a huge smile on my face. On Christmas we went to see a movie..and deemed that our Christmas day tradition. We have the others as well, making cookies from scratch, a big family dinner, and making a gingerbread house..but I really liked going to the movies as one of our traditions. I think when the movie comes out I will buy it..and the next years and all the other years too.

Our First Christmas: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
I had tears just streaming down my face for a majority of the movie.. and I am not entirely sure why. I will blame it on PMS. It was a really great movie, so I urge you all to see it too! (Just bring some tissues just in case you wind up like me and have to wipe your face with the same napkin you wiped your greasy popcorn hands on!) When the movie ended as David & I were rushing out of there we noticed everyone was hugging..so I think the majority of the crowd really got touched by the movie.

16 comments:

melissa ellen parker said...

I'm glad you two had a wonderful first Christmas! That's really cool! I want to see that movie. I think it looks like it will be good! It's so much fun embracing your own new traditions!

Happy New Year!!!

Mrs. S. said...

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it. My husband and I want to go and see that movie! It is great to spend your first major holiday together. It really makes it all seem real. Glad to hear you had a great Christmas!

Olde Town Style Guide said...

I can't wait to see this movie!!! I am a cry baby too so I'll have to save this for a non-PMS weekend!

Whitney said...

I too, saw this movie on Christmas day- loved it!! I love your idea of buying each movie that you saw on Christmas- that way youll always remember! So fun!

Unknown said...

so glad to hear you had a wonderful first christmas. now i can't wait to go see that movie!!!

littlesack said...

What a fun new tradition--especially the part about buying teh dvd--puts a put twist on it! I saw it this weekend too and I really enjoyed it as well!! Ps- I wasn't pmsing and I cried (If that makes you feel better?)

Rachel said...

What a great tradition; glad to hear the movie was good.

Kristina P. said...

I loved this movie! I cried several times too, and no PMS on this end.

And yes, A Lexus equates love. I thought everyone knew that!

Tasha said...

The movie on Christmas is a great tradition! I want to see this movie, so thanks for the Kleenex warning. ;-)

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

you are making memories... footprints... special moments for your family!
how neat!
oh.... was the movie good or what? such a great idea... plot!

happy New Year wishes! BIG things coming for you this year!

xo

Mariah said...

I heard it was good, I love seeing movies on Christmas. I like your new header BTW

Unknown said...

I haven't seen it yet but heard it was great. Love your new simple layout and your header!

Anonymous said...

I heard that movie was amazing! What a lovely blog you have! I'm definitely going to 'follow'

Debutante said...

I just stumbled on your blog, and it's funny I basically am in the same situation as you are!

This is our second Christmas, and we have the movie tradition and gingerbread house one too!

Lump said...

so happy you had an awesome holiday!

definitely want to see that movie. I love movies that make me cry. I know kind of weird, but those are the best movies! :)

"J" said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I want to see it!!!!!! What a WONDEFUL tradition!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)