Monday, August 25, 2008

Two in one week?!?

Rebecca Alyce Francis

Becca took her life yesterday. It doesn't seem real. Becca was just as you see her in this picture, always smiling. I JUST spoke to her on friday and she was so excited to come see me in Richmond and for her and her boyfriend, Kevan, to stay with Dave and I one weekend while they went house shopping. Becca was 3 months pregnant. She told me before she announced it to everyone because she wanted to get to the point where she wouldn't miscarry. She was always told that she would NEVER have children, so this was such a miracle. Because her and Kevan were going to move up here she had asked if I would watch the baby because I stay at home and she could work. I was excited. This is the second horrible death in two weeks. Firstly, sweet Summer, and now, Becca.
It took cops two hours o find her body after they came to her house because her boyfriend called saying she texted him and said she was going to kill herself. (He was supposedly about 45 minutes away at his house) They were are her house when they heard a gunshot. They found her in the thick of a briar patch. It just doesn't make sense. Becca was happy, always happy. From what I heard from her cousin, they sent her body to Richmond to be tested because it "looked like it had been dragged." I had to talk to an investigator this morning and read him the texts that she sent me, proving she has been happy.
We will miss you, Becca.
YOU were such an inspiration
Through all of your trials,
you always kept a smile on your face.
We love you.

10 comments:

Michele said...

Oh Megan...I'm soooo sorry. This is just horrible. She was beautiful.

Please take care and hugz,
Michele

Meg said...

I'm so sorry, Megan.

Expat No. 3699 said...

What a tragedy, I am so sorry for your loss.

Princess Abigail said...

Oh Megan.
What a tragedy.
We are so so sorry.
Megan, tomorrow (Tuesday) Abigail and I will go up to fourviers basilica and send you lots and lots of prayers.
I don't need to remind you that God is with you.
Megan, I am so, so sorry.
Alison

Insane Mama said...

OMG!!! Do you think there was fould play???? I am so sorry

Whitney said...

Gracious. That is horrible. So, so, sorry

MereinSC said...

i'm so sorry for you loss!!! this must be such a difficult time for you! you and your friends will be in my prayers!

Mrs. S said...

I'm so sorry Megan... =(

Lump said...

My thoughts are with you. I am so sorry.

Rachel said...

OMG; I am sooo sorry to hear that...so awful.
I found your blog on another site and think your too cute!
Hang in there during this sad time.