Monday, August 18, 2008

What would you do?

I am totally grossed out by trash. Especially kitchen trash, but I don't even like the trash can that's under my desk to have more than a couple pieces of paper in it before I am taking it out to the big trashcan. I can't take out the trash without gagging, so luckily that's one duty I now will not have to do.

With all of that said, we bought a TON of new stuff this weekend. (pictures will come later--maybe tomorrow when we can sort more things to their right places, it's HARD to move!!) We got 2 desks, a dresser, a 42" TV, entertainment center, and a bookcase.

Well, Dave was looking up the TV brand (to make sure it was a good one like we thought) and couldn't find it anywhere on the net, so he e-mailed me and asked if I could check the dumpster to see if it were still there. (We were going to return it)--(They do pickup on Monday) I was hoping that it wasn't.

and.then.I.had.to.do.the.nastiest.thing

I had to climb over trash bags to get our TV box.

To whoever didn't tie their trashbag:
How gross are you? My flip flop had to be thrown away because I got your nastyness on my shoe. Gross Gross Gross. Welcome to 2008, they do make the drawstring trash bags now, buy some!!
Sincerely,
Shoeless woman.

Needless to say, I only gagged a couple of times and now we have our box back. But wait, Dave wasn't typing in the right brand so it turns out our TV is GOOD and we're keeping it!

I e-mailed Dave to tell him that I had successfully retrieved the box, this is what I got back:
I am so proud of you for getting the box baby...(he knows that certain chore is one I will NOT do) I will put it back tonight..(of course you will.) Can't wait to see you. (aww) Love you...(more aww) You are the bestest in the world...(even more aww!)
-Dave

8 comments:

Whitney said...

EW! I hate trash too, but I can not begin to imagine how DISGUSTING dumpster diving must have been! YUCKKO! Sorry you had to go through that. And I'm sorry it was all for nothing. But I'm happy you have a loving lover. ;)

Expat No. 3699 said...

I think if I had to retrieve something from a dumpster I would have put on my worst pair of gym shoes...and then thrown them out.

Sounds like you're settling in. Take care~

Unknown said...

well, if you sign up for the swap, maybe someone will send you a new pair of flip flops :)

sorry about your traumatic experience...i probably would have gagged everywhere..

Michele said...

Ewww...I would have gagged too. I'll only go through things on the curb that are put out for pick-up...but not things in bags..lol.

Sounds like Dave is a keeper..awwe!

Hugz,
Michele

Meg said...

EWWW! I hate trash, too.

Liz Harrell said...

I'd have flipped out if I lost my shoe in the dumpster!!!! You are one brave woman.

Anonymous said...

Yuk - I feel the same way - trash is the hubby's job!

Lump said...

oh the dumpster??! no! You are one brave lady! ;)